Prizes and Rules
Two economy tickets to any Fly Jamaica destination and 2 tickets to Kaieteur Falls via Air Guyana
Two economy tickets to any Fly Jamaica destination
One economy ticket to any Fly Jamaica destination
- Contest starts from Monday, December 16 2013 and ends on Monday, January 13 2014 at 11:59pm (GMT-5)
- You must be 18 years and over to enter this competition or have the consent of a parental guardian
- Contestants must upload a photo of what you love most about Guyana and Guyanese culture and tell us about it. Contestants must also tell us about the moment.
- A photo cannot be larger than 5MB and it must be saved as a jpeg file. You must be 18 years and over to enter this competition or have the consent of a parental guardian
- Users can Vote for a contestant's photos & story only once. Only One vote per Facebook user and 8 votes per IP address.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- Winners must have all required legal documentation to travel.
- Prizes are for airfare only. Fly Jamaica is not responsible for the winners’ transportation, accommodations or any airfare taxes.
- Winners must redeem prizes and conclude travel to original destination by May 10, 2014. Travel dates will be based on seat availability.
- Employees of Fly Jamaica, affiliate agencies and their immediate family are not eligible to enter this contest
- This promotion is for all fans worldwide. If you win you can transfer/assign your prize (s) to an immediate family member A letter authorizing the transfer and a scan of a valid form of I.D. will be requested in order to process such as request
- The three contestants whose photos collectively has the most votes will be declared the winners. In the case of a tie, the contestant who entered the competition first will be declared the winner
- 40% of the votes will come from Facebook and 60% will come from a Fly Jamaica judging panel. The three contestants whose entries have the most combined votes as of Monday, January 13 2014 at 11:59pm (GMT-4) and have been approved by the Fly Jamaica Judging panel will be declared the winners
- The winners will be notified via email, followed by a phone call from a representative of Fly Jamaica or its agency by Monday, January 6, 2014
- The winners must collect their prizes by February 6, 2013 or the prize(s) will go to a charity approved by Fly Jamaica.
- You must get at least 30 votes in order to be eligible to win
- Fly Jamaica reserves all rights in the management of the ‘Why I Love Guyana’ Photo Contest, which includes but is not limited to forming an opinion on entries received and subsequently ruling on their validity
- Conditions of Entry:
- Contestants acknowledge that compliance with the Rules set out above including all eligibility requirements is a necessary pre-condition to any prizes in the ‘‘Why I Love Guyana’ Photo Contest being awarded to them. For removal of all doubt, contestants who have not complied with these Rules are subject to disqualification
- Fly Jamaica reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or suspend the “Why I Love Guyana’ for other causes beyond the control of Fly Jamaica that corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper running of the contest. In such cases Fly Jamaica will inform contestants of such cancellation, modifications or suspensions of the ‘Why I Love Guyana’ Photo Contest via notifications by electronic mail or on the Fly Jamaica and Visit Guyana fan page
- Fly Jamaica does not warrant that access to or use of any third party’s website will be uninterrupted or free of any of the events stated below, due to the nature of internet services and electronic communications. Fly Jamaica is not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to:
- lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the contest; or
- communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or
- failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the prizes or in the prize notification; or
- for any errors of any kind in connection with the promotion, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or
- the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the promotion; or
- any of the above arising from the actions or omissions of any third parties in relation to any aspect of the ‘‘Why I Love Guyana’ Photo Contest or the usage of any third party websites which are not under the control or operated fully by Fly Jamaica
Any attempt by a contestant or other individual to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the ‘‘Why I Love Guyana”Photo Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws in the countries where the promotion is being run from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution
Should such an attempt be made, Fly Jamaica reserves the right to seek remedies and damages
Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities in (11) and (12) may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won
In no event will Fly Jamaica be liable for more than the relevant prizes available under the ‘Why I Love Guyana’ photo contest.
In the event of any conflict with any promotion details contained in these Rules and Conditions and promotion details contained in point of sale, television and print, advertising, promotional packaging and other promotional media, (“Promotional Materials”) the details of the promotion set forth in these Rules and Conditions shall prevail
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Fly Jamaica employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Rules and Conditions in any manner whatsoever
All contestants agree to take part in any promotional, marketing or publicity activities or events reasonably requested by Fly Jamaica and consent to the use and disclosure by Fly Jamaica in any form of media of their names, likenesses and/or general areas of residence without compensation or further reference.
These activities are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Fly Jamaica and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for communicating with you and awarding you with your prize.