Before you leave home:
At the Airport:
- Ensure the name on the ticket matches the name on the passport.
- Check expiry dates on passports and visas.
- Dress comfortably for your trip, preferably in loose clothing made from natural breathable fabric. Avoid wearing shoes, clothing and accessories that contain metal.
- Weigh your bags. Your checked bag must not exceed 50lb/23kg, with a combined length, width and height of 62 inches/158cm.
- Children’s strollers are checked free of cost at the counter or at the gate.
- Separate electronic equipment from other items in your carry on bag so they can be easily removed at the security post.
- Check more and carry on less. Lighten your carry on load as the distance between aircraft and immigration/customs hall may be lengthy.
- Pack smart with security in mind. Medicines, jewelry and other valuable should be packed in carry-on bags.
- Place identification tags and telephone numbers on the inside as well as the outside of your bags.
- Label computers clearly, as they are commonly left at security points.
On the aircraft:
- Check in early.
- Separate documents from other item in a transparent pouch so they are easily accessed.
- All containers of liquids, gels, aerosols and paste must not exceed 3.4 oz/100mls.
- Do not accept packages from other travelers as checked or carry-on bags.
- Listen carefully to all announcements while waiting for flight departure.
- Stay close to your bags, and your departure gate.
- Carry warm clothing in carry-on bag as aircraft cabin temperatures may vary.
- Stay hydrated to prevent headaches, stomach problems, cramps, fatigue etc. Caffeine & alcohol can dry you out. Drink lots of water.
- Keep your skin well moisturized.
- Nasal mist can be very effective for dry nasal passages.
- Take your vitamins.
- Keep hands clean to prevent viral infections.
- Go to the Rest room before take off.
- Stand and stretch your arms and legs periodically.
- Avoid sitting for extended periods with your legs crossed.