In addition to the regular baggage allowance, the carrier will accept, without charge, as priority checked baggage, mobility aids, including:
1. An electric wheelchair, a scooter or a manually operated rigid-frame wheelchair; however battery operated wheelchair must be labeled by the manufacturer as “non-spillable”. Damaged or leaking batteries will not be accepted for transport on the aircraft.
2. A manually operated folding wheelchair;
3. A walker, a cane, crutches or braces;
4. Any device that assists the person to communicate; and
5. Any prosthesis or medical device.
Where space permits, the carrier will, without charge, permit the person to store a manually operated folding wheelchair and small aids in the passenger cabin during the flight The assembling and disassembling of mobility aids with written instruction from the owner is provided by the carrier without charge. Wheelchairs and mobility aids will be the last items to be stowed in the aircraft hold and the first items to be removed.
Manually Operated Wheelchair Access
Fly Jamaica Airways will permit the person who uses a manually operated wheelchair to remain in the wheelchair:
1. until the person reaches the boarding gate;
2. Where facilities permit, while the person is moving between the terminal and the door of the aircraft;
3. Where space and facilities permit, while the person is moving between the terminal and the passenger seat.